Thursday, January 17, 2013

Boys Uniform


Oxford: Old Navy
Jeans: Pac Sun
random maroon sweater
Boots: Madden Girl
Watch: Fossil
Knee high socks: Cotton On


Finally found myself a classic white oxford. What's great about is that you can take a basic piece like this and pair it up with anything and everything to give yourself countless looks, from casual to dressy, preppy to punk. Also, don't limit yourself to the teens or women's section of the store and don't be ashamed of heading straight to the clearance section way in the back (because I know I'm not). Found this top in the clearance section mixed up with all sorts of clothes for both genders and all ages. Saw that it was a school uniform shirt on the tag, and when I tried it on in the dressing room, I figured it was for boys since it was a loose fit. However, I wanted a loose-fitting oxford anyway and knew I could make it work by just rolling up the sleeves or tucking it in. I mean, no one is going to stare your shirt down and notice it's for boys, so be open when shopping.


Decided to go casual-preppy today, keeping true to my role as a student here in college. Layered up with a maroon crew-neck and toughened up the look with a pair of my trust Madden Girl combat boots.  However, I am saving up for some trusty, classic Doc Martens (still deciding between the classic black or cherry red)! 


No comments:

Post a Comment