Saturday, March 2, 2013

Secrets, Bursts of Laughter, Good Company

Sweater: thrifted || High low sheer top: Forever 21 || Black jeggings: Pac Sun || Necklace: local flea market || Rings: local flea market || Chained white quilted purse: Forever 21 || Gladiator sandals: Nordstrom


Friday was beautiful, sunny weather perfect for shorts, tank tops, and flowy dresses. Too bad I had a midterm that morning, so I couldn't fully enjoy the day. So decided to plan a hang out day Saturday, but the day went cloudy. Didn't stop me from going sock-less with my gladiator sandals. 

For today, I've been wanting to try out my new liquid eyeliner and paired it with a bold lip. Still a newb  at the eye makeup, but I'm learning! Did a simple look with B.B. Cream to conceal blemishes (The Faceshop), a wash of bronze cream eyeshadow (Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo), liquid eyeliner (L'oreal Waterproof Telescopic Eye Liner), Bronzer (Sephora brand), highlighter on the cheekbones, bridge of the nose, inner corners of the eyes, and cupid's bow on the lip (Benefit's High Beam), a coat of mascara (Benefit's Bad Gal Lash), and of course the bright red balm stain (Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain "Adore").

Dressy outfits for weekends constantly pop into my mind throughout the week when I can't study anymore, and this outfit was inspired by my newly acquired necklace from the local flea market. A beautiful, yet simple bib necklace that goes well underneath a collared top. The amazing detailing on the silvery brass hardware is lovely, as well as the beading that just hangs down. Perfect way to spice up a plain sweater and collar combo. Added two simple gold rings and my golden Casio look-a-like watch.



Staying at school this weekend was a great decision. I was able to bond with some great friends whom I usually don't have time for during the school week. I also was able to see a newly born calf trying to learn how to walk and named it Buttermilk (but of course the guys had to be guys and have their own name for the baby...Lil B). 

Friday night started out full of apprehension and stress for a midterm, but once classes were done I destressed and just had fun with friends throughout the night. Pool, cow sight-seeing, dinner, moldy oranges, karoake, sore throats, dance offs, bursts of uncontrollable laughter, degree increases of hotness. 

Saturday got to sleep in after so many days of little sleep. Got up and had brunch with the group before bussing to Target. Picked up shampoo for a friend and purchased some items I've been eyeing for a while and finally had time to buy them. After we returned, hit the books before dinner. After dinner, back to uncontrollable bursts of laughter, awkward times, missing Japanese guy, observing two friends throw insults at each other, hanging out in the stair well, watching two friends physically assault each other, hanging out in the hall, disturbing pictures, Facebook hacks, "Should I leave or should I stay?", rotting individually together, and then going back to the books. 

That's what I call Straightedge Partyin'. 


No comments:

Post a Comment