Tuesday, April 9, 2013

This Just Happened


Photo attempt #2

OH MY. I actually got the courage to walk up to her. And talked to her. Without sounding (too much) like an idiot. We actually had a full on conversation. Nothing fake or artificial about it. Must be recorded before I forget:

Me: -walks from the left side of the room, to the right side of the room as she was packing her bag-
Hi [in a shy, hesitant tone], are you Jenn?

Jenn: [looks up and smiles] Yeah, I am!

Me: Hi! [Whatever I remember is a blur. I rambled like an idiot and probably sounded like a crazed fan. Which I am am not] I just wanted to say that I love your channel and wanted to tell you that you have inspired me to just dress out of my comfort zone.

Jenn: [Smiles as I talk to her, either out of flattery or awkwardness. I'm leaning more towards flattery] Aw, thank you so much! Thanks for coming up to me after class! Are you in Anthro 4?

Me: Yes I am! I'm actually thinking about double majoring in Communications to go with my main major of Design!

Jenn: Oh awesome! I actually took the intro class for Design last year and really wanted to minor in it because the class was so fun!

Me: Oh really? Aw, but you can't minor in it, they only offer it as a major!

Jenn: Yeah, I know! So I just decided not to double major, hahaha!

Me: Oh, do you mind if I get a picture with you?

Jenn: Sure! Of course!

Me: [Attempts to take picture. As I wait for my SLOW phone camera to save the picture, she moves her arm over her face and exclaims]

Jenn: Ugh, I look so gross!

Me: No way! Here, let's take another pic! [Attempt #2: Success]. Thank you so much! 

Jenn: Yeah sure, no problem! I'll see you in class, Thursday? Wednesday?

Me: Yeah, I'll see you around! Thursday! 

Jenn: Alright, bye!

Me: Bye! 

Then I biked back to my dorm smiling like a fool. After talking with my fashion role model. I don't even care how difficult it was for me to bike back in the stormy wind.

And it's only Tuesday.


Photo attempt #1

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin???
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Vanessa! Checked out your blog as well, very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete