Thursday, June 13, 2013

Fancy Schmancy


Blouse: gift || Scalloped shorts: gift || Khaki blazer: J. Crew (thrifted) || Watch: Fossil || Purse: Forever 21 (gift) || Studded flats: Nine West


June 9, 2013


Went out for my organization's board dinner. Since the year was coming to an end, many of my dresses were already back home. I decided to change things up by not wearing a dress to this semi-formal event, but creating that effect without seeming out of place or too casual. 


I've seen this tactic done a few times on different blogs and Youtube videos, and I've always wanted to try it out myself, but I never had the right pieces to put together. Until now. I took my too-long-for-a-shirt-but-too-short-as-a-dress sheer, pleated blouse and layered it over my white scalloped shorts. The pleats flowed over the top of my shorts, and the lace detailing of the shorts allow for the illusion of a one piece dress.

Since the dinner was at night (well, yeah, dinner time, night time...unnecessary self-explanations going on), I covered myself up with a khaki blazer to maintain the neutral tones throughout the outfit. Wore my black flats with silver studs and a white quilted purse to finish the look off. 
 

My dinner of seared ahi tuna salad. Delicious.

2 comments:

  1. Such cute outifts! Obsessed with what you've done with layering the shorts and the dress :).
    Also, the food looks delicious!!! Now following you :) - Looking forward to reading more posts from you!

    ploy <3 xx

    withloveploy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I'm definitely flattered, thank you so much! Will surely check out your blog as well!

      Delete