Thursday, August 22, 2013

Disney Tease

August 13-14, 2013
Impromptu Family Road Trip: Anaheim 


With the news of my mom's cousin's husband passing away, there was no hesitation for our family to head over to Anaheim to console the family. After paying our respects during the viewing Tuesday afternoon and having dinner with the family early on in the evening, the night was still young when we said our goodbyes to my mother's relatives. 

After all, we were in Anaheim, so our family decided to take advantage of this opportunity and explored Downtown Disney. Fortunately for us we were able to catch the fireworks display at the entrance between California Adventure and Disneyland. Sneak preview for what is planned for our Christmas vacation. Those few hours downtown was fun, but like all great things, the night must come to an end. So after exploring the Disneyland Hotel next door, it was back to our hotel.

The next morning was my uncle's funeral. I only have the faintest memories of him, but of the ones I am able to hold on to, he was a friendly, funny, kind man who seemed to love his family dearly. After hearing how loved he was by family and friends, it made me realize the importance of life and love. We are only put on this world for a certain amount of time, so we should make sure we spend that time well. Not focused on material items, virtual lives, careers, or money, but on family, friends, life, love. I will be going back to college in about a month, so I hope to spend the remaining time wisely while I am at home with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment