Monday, September 29, 2014

Joyous Journeys: Philippines Day 7, 8, 9

July 17-19, 2014
After coming from Hong Kong, back to the Philippines, it was time for all the family to get ready for my cousin's wedding! Matching mani/pedis with the cousins and titas, a.k.a. aunties, were called for. Click to read what else happened the next three days! 

July 18, 2014
Chilled at one of my cousin's houses for a bit while we waited for my other cousins to go to a church for the soon-to-be-married couple to perform reconciliation. 
July 19, 2014
Photo credits: A.B.

Congratulations once again Ate A. and Kuya E! 

Pretty much the only photo I got that is remotely related to my cousin's wedding. I was extremely devastated and regretted not bringing my camera, let alone my cell phone, to take any photos of the whole beautiful event. The preparation before the wedding was quite fast-paced, and we all felt exhausted since we all woke up around 4am to get our makeup and hair done, as well as eat breakfast and take pre-wedding photos. The wedding ceremony was beautiful and so surreal, and the reception afterwards was in such a dream venue. When we walked in, we were literally walking into an enormous greenhouse/glasshouse lined with plants and vines, creating a gorgeous natural drapery. The interior decoration was stunning as well, with white chairs and white tablecloths covering several round tables. While sitting at my assigned table, my sister and I were just in awe as we took in this location's beauty and how we would love to use this type of venue for a future formal event. 

Everything about the wedding was amazing and surreal, I just could not believe my oldest cousin is now married! I am incredibly happy for her and am so fortunate for my family to be slowly growing. I wish I made more frequent visits though, to keep up with all the family events and birthdays and inside jokes. But distance and money (for plane tickets) prevent more frequent visits, which is why I cherish every moment I am in the Philippines and try to remember those moments in as many forms of media as I can. 
These last few pictures were for the "after-after party", a.k.a. my Ninong/Godfather N's birthday party at a pool resort. And true to Filipino nature, we took the wedding cake over so nothing would be wasted (and you bet we had that cake for breakfast the next morning).

No comments:

Post a Comment