Monday, January 26, 2015

Thrown Together

January 24, 2015
Photographer: AJL
Sweater: Forever 21 || Black dress: Forever 21 || Boots: Dr. Martens || Necklace: gift
It feels so satisfying and thrilling to be able to get dolled up after being sick and gross for a week and a half. Looking and feeling like a zombie for so long made dressing up so much more fun. And I'm back to fashion posts! I got all dolled up for a friend's sweet sixteen. Read the rest of this post for more outfit details (Thanks Kuya, a.k.a. 'Lil AJ' for finally decent, fashion-blog-worthy photos)!
The slouchy sweater over a dress will always be an effortlessly chic look to me, especially when the individual pieces just mesh so well together. Sometimes pieces from my wardrobe may be great alone, but when I assemble them together, they just do not work (at least for my aesthetic taste). So when you're in a hurry, basic pieces thrown together will typically not fail, which is why this past year I've been investing in many basic pieces to add to my wardrobe so that when I feel lazy or in a hurry, I can just grab clothes and out the door I go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment