Monday, August 17, 2015

Bliss, XO: Denim on Denim

July 28, 2015
Photography: Miguel Bagsit
Denim button up: thrifted || Jeans: BDG (Urban Outfitters) || Sandals: Birkenstock

Who would have ever thought I would break my one fashion rule - NEVER wear denim with denim. Geez Miguel, you broke me with your Denim on Denim concept photoshoot. Lucky for him, I found this great denim button up at the thrift store earlier that week. So when he brought this idea up as our next photoshoot, I instantly envisioned this top with my trusty high-waisted ripped skinny jeans, creating a balance between the looseness of the button up and the fitted shape of the bottoms. Kept it fun and casual with my trusty Birks and go-to braided pigtails. 

Just goes to show, NEVER say never. You never know when you'll go behind your own back to try a fashion rule you promised you'd never in a million years break. I'm always for experimenting and dressing in outfits that may be the worst decision ever, but at least I tried it out. Now that I matched these denim pieces together, I'm definitely open to putting together more denim pieces. (Maybe it was the fact that the top was a button up...I'm a sucker for button ups. Collars just make everything look a smidge classier, don't they?)

Make sure to CLICK TO READ MORE for more outfit details!

No comments:

Post a Comment