Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Staring Back at the 90s

July 7, 2016
Photographer: Diem Le
Top, skirt: thrifted | Shoes: Birkenstock | Earrings: Charlotte Russe | Necklace: Forever 21 | Lipstick: Colourpop Tulle

This past summer I was able to collaborate quite a bit with a couple of fashion and photographer friends, so be on the lookout for those posts! This collab is the first of two with the beautiful Diem of Sharing My Ten Cents. We didn't have a particular theme to work on, but I ended up with a 90's grunge inspired look. How did I attain that, you ask? I wanted to wear my choker necklace for this shoot, and styled around that accessory. The rest of the outfit details is in the following photographs around downtown Sacramento. 

Something about this hidden, unassuming staircase drew me towards it, and it was the most fun I had that whole day shooting. The beautiful grassy park earlier in the day was not inspiring anything, and thus, made me feel like I had lackluster, uninterested photos. However, something about the worn-in, industrial setting of this hidden corner seemed to match the mood of my look. The warm-toned beige and pops of color from the red pipes and orange and blue from the dumpster complemented the hues in my skirt, while the gray piping and cement sidewalk replicated the cool tone in my soft tee. And thus, here we are with that 90's grunge look I promised you!

No comments:

Post a Comment